Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pink Light

Why is it that light changes so fast? It is a frustrating thing as a photographer and even just as an observer of all things natural - Right about the time you notice the color or texture of the light, it changes. Tonight the clouds were clearing after 4 days of freak early November snow and the mountains in the distance had this pink glow. Bright pink in some places, soft pastel in others, the snow covered mountains not white as one would expect. I have never seen anything like it. The clouds that hugged the tops of the peaks were a bit on the orange side with shades of pink in the undertones. The sky surrounding the clouds was a blue-gray, almost the color of metal. I reached for my camera and realized, of course, that it wasn't in my purse like yesterday. So I madly tried to feel for my iPhone on the seat next to me, all the while looking for the "best" vantage point to take a photo to memorialize this awesome moment in time. I pulled off the freeway and as I raised the phone to snap the image, the light was gone. Poof. Gone. All I have left of that little bit of heaven is the image in my head. I guess that isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment